Re: [squid-users] bittorrent behind squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:12:13 +1300 (NZDT)

> MAN
>
> you need to set up some firewall rules to run torrents i thinks torrents
> not
> fully support http connections
> they use alternate

Only the .torrent file download is sure to be performed over HTTP. the
rest of the connection attempts are determined by the .torrent file
contents added by the seed server.

In order to get all torrent downloads through Squid you need a torrent
client software with HTTP-proxy capabilities and configured to use your
squid proxy.

Amos