Re: [squid-users] TCP_HIT and TCP_MEM_HIT

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:52:57 -0200

J. Peng escreveu:
> what's the difference between TCP_HIT and TCP_MEM_HIT ?
>
> I found access.log has full of TCP_HIT but few TCP_MEM_HIT, is it right?

    TCP_HIT happens when squid took the requested information from the
cache directories, ie, from the disk.

    TCP_MEM_HIT happens when squid took the requested information from
memory, ie, RAM memory.

    Of course you'll see less TCP_MEM_HIT than TCP_HIT because the
amount of memory and disk are VERY big. I dont know your situation, but
usually we have several GBs of cache in disk and only some few hundreds
of RAM memory allocated to squid. That's because you'll almost always
see a LOT of TCP_HIT and only some few TCP_MEM_HIT.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues