[squid-users] www.cmhc.ca site doesn't load

From: Shoebottom, Bryan <BShoebottom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 09:56:01 -0500

Hello,

I am having problems getting to www.cmhc.ca through our cache servers.
We have a 2.6S4 and a 3.0S1 server running transparently with WCCPv2 and
Cisco cat6k equipment. I have tried to get to the site through the
transparent configuration, and with each cache configured in my browser,
but the site takes a long time to come up (over 10min, I haven't stayed
around to watch) if it ever completes in any situation. If I bypass the
caches completely, I can bring up the site with no problems.
There are no errors in cache.log and access.log only shows an entry when
something finally loads in the browser (i.e. when the icon shows up
after 5min, I see the request for favicon.ico). Since the site doesn't
load when the browser is configured for a cache, WCCP shouldn't be the
issue.

Can anyone replicate this or have a solution? If you need any more
info, please let me know.

--
Thanks,
Bryan Shoebottom CCNA