[squid-users] limiting access to certain browsers.

From: Bert Rapp <bert.rapp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:08:51 -0500

I'm currently running squid with squidGuard. (I know this isn't a
squidGuard list, but it's part of my setup.) I'm using squidGuard to
filter access to certain sites. Our users have both IE and Firefox
installed on their workstations. What I'd like to do now is let Firefox
browse most of the internet while only letting IE have access to a very
limited list of sites.

I've been reading about the browser acl in squid, but it appears that
it's an all or nothing option.

Here's an example of how I expect to use it:

acl mozacl browser MOZILLA
http_access allow mozacl
http_access deny all

But I think this would block access completely to IE.

I'm guessing the feature I'm looking for would need to come from
squidGuard (from what I can tell squidGuard doesn't look at the user
agent) or another type of redirector.

Has anyone else done this or have any suggestions? Are my assumptions
correct?

--
Bert Rapp
North Trail RV Center