[squid-users] Reverse Proxy, getting 503 errors when POST

From: Nick Duda <nduda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:54:56 -0500

I've setup a very basic reverse proxy (maybe the error is because of my
config). It appears to be working as the reverse proxy properly, however
I can not perform a HTTP POST , I get TCP_MISS/503 error in my
access.log

Basically, any request to the Public IP of my proxy on 80/443 (secured
by ACL's for certain IP's) I want to proxy the request to an internal
(behind firewall) webserver.

Client sets host file like:
x.x.x.x www.some.domain.com

Client surfs to www.some.domain.com, the ip is the public ip of squid
and they get served up the internal (behind firewall) site, this works,
but when they attempt to perform anything "POST" it doesn't allow:

squid.conf (this is how its build for a test, I will clean it up and
lock it down more after)

http_port 80 transparent
cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 80 0 no-query originserver
cache deny all
http_access allow all

x.x.x.x = RFC1918 of internal web server
I had to use transparent because when I used accel with defaultdomain=,
cookies would only work for that domain. I have 5 different host entries
that need to be used to all hit the same internal ip/web server.

What else is required or what is the issue on why I cant POST? I'm new
to this reverse configuration, so be kind lol

Nick