[squid-users] Squid 2.6 hangs after several hours of operation

From: <badaboom003-asdf@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:22:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've been running squid 2.6 on my production server in
front of apache for quite a while now with no
problems. Recently, I made several changes to the
server (for example, my search app uses quite a bit
more memory).

Now, squid hangs up after several hours of operation.
As soon as I do an /etc/init.d/squid restart,
everything's ok for a few more hours until it hangs
again and rejects all requests.

I've tried stopping squid, removing swap.state, and
restarting. That didn't fix it. I've also tried
looking in the access.log and cache.log. I couldn't
find any warnings or errors?

Could someone point me in the right direction of how
to go about troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks Much,

Chris