[squid-users] Squid currently not working.

From: Steve Billig <unknownboogyman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:21:13 -0500

Not to long ago, maybe a 2 months ago, I was having problems
installing squid. I got it installed back then and it was working
fine. I had stopped using it then, and since thats the only thing I
used it for, stopped using the server. I want to start using the proxy
again so I booted it back up(changed a few ports since back then but I
put most of them back). Currently, when going through terminal, if I
type in: service squid status it says that squid is stopped. I type in
the command: service squid start, says it failed. For the heck of it I
try to stop it, Failed. Restart, failed. I had problems with this
before, but it had actually worked back then. I checked my config
file(at least what I think is my config file) and I do have the
http_port it lists forwarding to my server correctly, and from what it
shows I am.

So now I am currently in the jam of finding out why it is currently
not working correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--