[squid-users] original server down

From: J. Peng <peng.kyo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:43:29 +0800

hello,

How to handle the case of the original server was down? I use squid
for reverse-proxy, if I add some lines like:

cache_peer parentcache.example.com parent 80 0
cache_peer childcache2.example.com sibling 80 0
cache_peer childcache3.example.com sibling 80 0

if original server was down, does squid go to query other caches like above?
Will squid get cache MISS object from its sibling? or it can only get
cache MISS object from the parent?

thanks!