Re: [squid-users] Squid currently not working.

From: Steve Billig <unknownboogyman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:59:55 -0500

> > cache_log seems like a good place to start looking.
> >
> > What OS is this?

Currently I am not home to check the logs, but I do know that it is Fedora 8,

> Aklso, does your currently logged in user have the root privileges needed
> to start squid and access all its required files etc.
>
> Amos

Yes, this account does have root privileges, considering it is the
root account that I am trying to run it off of.

> which the port for squid ?
The port that it currently says is, or at least the line it says, is
"http_port 81". I did allow this port in Fedora's firewall and I also
forwarded it through my router.

I will check the logs when I get home. VNC won't let me connect to my
server from school. : /

--
-Steve