[squid-users] auto detect settings prompts for authentication

From: Daniel Teixeira <dteixeira@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:14:08 -0000

HI

I've managed to get wpad.dat to work on most of our PCs, using "automatic
detect settings" on internet explorer (with versions from 6 to 7).

Now I have 2 problems:

1 - some pc's always ask for credentials when using the auto proxy
configuration. If I choose the proxy manually, everything goes fine.
2 - Some other options, like the on-line help of some applications also ask
for credentials.

The top of the squid file looks like this:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
auth_param ntlm children 30
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes
auth_param ntlm use_ntlm_negotiate off
auth_param basic program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid proxy-caching web server
auth_param basic crendentialsttl 5 hours
ext_acl_type group_nt %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/wbinfo_group.pl

winbind seems to be working fine.

Can someone please point me the right direction?

Thanks!