RE: [squid-users] What is the ICAP chain exactly?

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:38:29 -0700

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 09:30 +0900, S.KOBAYASHI wrote:

> I almost clear "chain" now however I have a bit more questions.
> My thoughts "not only processing ICAP...." is as bellow.
> ICAP chain has only ability to connect to next service, or before go to next
> service, squid or previous service can control whether connect to next
> service or not (bypass).
> icap_service_1 ---> icap_service_2 --> and more. (only sequential process.)
> Or
> icap_service_1 ---> icap_service_3 --> .. (icap_service_1 can chose the next
> service.)
>
> Does that work for you?

I believe you are talking about "dynamic" chaining of ICAP services
(using previous ICAP response headers) as opposed to "static" chaining
(via squid.conf ACLs).

AFAIK, dynamic chaining is not supported by Squid2 ICAP patches. Its
Squid3 status is the same as general chaining support described below.
That is, developers are looking for those who need that kind of
functionality to provide patches or sponsorship.

HTH,

Alex.