RE: [squid-users] Redirection

From: Mark Barlow <squid.users.mailing.list@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:18:10 -0000

The simplest way of doing this would be to create an acl for your black list
something like acl blocked /<path to file> and then put an http_access deny
blocked near the top of the access rules. However, if your blacklist is
very long, you will find that squid starts running slower and takes more
memory as it has to load the list into memory. The nice thing about
squidguard is that you convert the list to db files first and it accesses
those much quicker.

Regards

Mark.

P.S. If you include the squid-users@squid-cache.org when you reply, the
thread will appear nicely on the mailing lists and may help others with
similar problems.