[squid-users] Problems Accessing Certain Sites

From: <Mike.Peters@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:46:35 -0000

Hi,

I'm having problems accessing a certain site, namely
partner.microsoft.com, when using Squid. If I bypass Squid I can access
the site. I had no problems accessing this site up until last Friday.
The initial login page loads, but I get a DNS error when trying to get
to the Partner Dashboard. I've reported the issue to Microsoft but am
still awaiting a reply. As it is quite a common site I thought I'd try
raising the issue here in case anyone else had had similar problems and
knew of a workaround/fix (other than bypassing Squid).

I'm running the following:

SUSE LINUX 10.1 (i586)

# squid -v
Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE12
configure options: '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc/squid'
'--bindir=/usr/sbin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--localstatedir=/var'
'--libexecdir=/usr/sbin' '--datadir=/usr/share/squid' '--with-dl'
'--enable-snmp' '--enable-carp' '--enable-useragent-log'
'--enable-auth=basic digest ntlm' '--enable-basic-auth-helpers=LDAP MSNT
NCSA PAM SMB YP getpwnam multi-domain-NTLM'
'--enable-ntlm-auth-helpers=SMB no_check'
'--enable-digest-auth-helpers=password'
'--enable-external-acl-helpers=ip_user ldap_group unix_group
wbinfo_group' '--enable-ntlm-fail-open' '--enable-referer-log'
'--enable-arp-acl' '--enable-htcp' '--enable-underscores'
'--enable-stacktraces' '--enable-delay-pools' '--enable-ssl'
'--enable-cache-digests' '--enable-storeio=aufs,ufs,diskd,null'
'--enable-linux-netfilter' '--enable-removal-policies=heap,lru'
'--with-samba-sources=/usr/include/samba' '--enable-x-accelerator-vary'
'CFLAGS=-O2 -march=i586 -mtune=i686 -fmessage-length=0 -Wall
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -fPIE -DLDAP_DEPRECATED -fno-strict-aliasing'
'LDFLAGS=-pie'

We are using Basic authentication (ncsa_auth)

ECN is disabled on the machine running Squid.

Clients are using IE versions 6 and 7 on WinXP Pro

Thanks

Mike Peters

"This message is intended for the named recipient only and may be
privileged and/or confidential. If you are not
the intended or named recipient or have received this email in error
then you should not copy forward or disclose
it to any other persons. If you have received this email in error you
should destroy it and contact the sender so
that we may take appropriate action. The views and opinions expressed in
this email may not represent the views
and opinions of Open International Limited or any of its subsidiaries
and are made without prejudice and subject
to contract. The Company Reserves the right to intercept and review all
email communications."

Open International Limited. Registered Office: Buckholt Drive, Warndon,
Worcester, WR4 9SR.
Registered in England. Registered No: 05716519