[squid-users] Multi ISP Load Balancing Problem

From: Lazuardi Nasution <mrxlazuardin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:14:41 +0700 (WIT)

Hi all,

I'm running Windows based multi instance Squid with multi interface
connected to different ISP for load balancing. The configuration is like
below.

Squid Main
http_port <my network interface>:8080
icp_port 3130
tcp_outgoing_adderss <my network interface>

Squid Parent A
http_port <my network interface>:8081
icp_port 3131
tcp_outgoing_adderss <ISP A interface>

Squid Parent B
http_port <my network interface>:8082
icp_port 3132
tcp_outgoing_adderss <ISP B interface>

Users -> Main Squid -(Round Robbin Parent)-> Squid Parent A/B -(Direct)->
ISP A/B -> Internet

The performance is very bad and sometime Squid Parent B was hang (service
was stopped) with "Loop" related log on Cache.Log. I didn't see CPU and
RAM exhausting and the HD queue was low enough.

Any suggestion with my problem ?

Best regards.

--
Lazuardi Nasution