Re: [squid-users] The requested URL could not be retrieved: invalid url

From: Dave Coventry <dgcoventry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:41:15 +0200

On Fri, Feb 8, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Dave Coventry <dgcoventry@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 7:37 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > Under linux, add --enable-linux-netfilter to the configure line.
>
> Okay, I'll try that.

I've managed to get squid working (without authentication as yet), but
I have a really strange error.

Whenever I access my apache server, squid removes the domain part of
the URL and delivers an error.

For example if I access my apache server
http://myimaginarysite.dydns.org I get the following error:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ snip ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: /

The following error was encountered:

    * Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

    * Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
    * Missing hostname
    * Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
    * Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:18:17 GMT by iqBase (squid/3.0.STABLE1)

If I try http://myimaginarysite.dyndns.org/records/july.html the same
error occurrs, but now it says:

ERROR
While trying to retrieve the URL: /records/july.html

Anyone got any ideas?

Previously I was getting the same errors whenever I tried to access
any site, now the errors only occur when I try to access my own apache
server since I compiled with "./configure --enable-linux-netfilter"