[squid-users] Need a cache_peer only when normal path down

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 18:56:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

        I'm terrible at trying to make short subjects, sorry.

        I have a FreeBSD squid cache in transparent mode off
a Cisco 3640 (Thanks to the Wiki on that!). The 3640 is
running IP SLA between a wireless broadband and satellite
connection. If everything is great, the default route is
the wireless broadband. If it tanks, it flips to satellite.

        While sending over the wireless broadband, it should
just "act natural". When it goes over the satellite, they have
their own Web Acceleration running on port 87.

        Short of wiring up maybe some ipfw type scripts with
monitoring, is there something that I might be able to do with
squid to automatically do this?

                Thanks, Tuc