Re: [squid-users] Redirection on error.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 22:42:43 +1300

Dave Coventry wrote:
> Amos,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> I have done a bit more research and I see that the directive is
> probably not what I require.
>
> From what I read, the Error page will still behave in the same way and
> append any links onto the originally requested URL.

I'm not sure what you mean by this?
The error response and page as a whole _replaces_ the original URL and
page requested _as a whole_.

> How can you ensure that the links are accessed locally?
>
> Would it work if I used "http://192.168.60.254/redir/images/logo.gif"?
>
> and "http://192.168.60.254/cgi-bin/login.pl"?

You could alter squid errors/ directory and add your files. Altering the
  ERR_* file appropriately to use them.
That is the old way of doing it and remains very unstable. With server
upgrades likely to replace your editing without warning.

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+