Re: [squid-users] The requested URL could not be retrieved: invalid url

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 00:02:57 +1300

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

>>> Okay, I'll try that.
>
> On 28.02.08 21:41, Dave Coventry wrote:
>> I've managed to get squid working (without authentication as yet), but
>> I have a really strange error.
>>
>> Whenever I access my apache server, squid removes the domain part of
>> the URL and delivers an error.
>>
>> For example if I access my apache server
>> http://myimaginarysite.dydns.org I get the following error:
>>
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ snip ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> ERROR
>> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>>
>> While trying to retrieve the URL: /
>>
>> The following error was encountered:
>>
>> * Invalid URL
>
> I guess you are trying to use squid as intercepting proxy but didn't tell it
> so. Look at "transparent" option for http_port directive

I think this error message is normal for transparent proxies. They do
not natively recevie the domain in the "METHOD-URL-PROTOCOL" tuple. The
squid code in transparent mode should be pulling the Host: info from
headers, but may not report it in the page even if using it.

Is the URL you are asking for actually real and reachable to squid?

You could try adding 'vhost' to the options to force squid check Host:
header and see if something funky is causing it not to by default.

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+