[squid-users] Squid Reverse Proxy - Apache - Trailing Slash

From: Christopher Bianchi <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 17:13:58 -0500 (EST)

Hi, folks.

I'm new to the list and pretty new to Squid as well.

I'm running into a specific problem right now and need some guidance.

As you know, trailing slashes are required for directories and when it is
omitted from a request, Apache performs a redirect to include the trailing
slash. This is fine and I understand the necessity.

The problem is that I have Apache (2.0.63) running behind a firewall on
port 8080. Squid (2.6b18) is the proxy running on port 80.

When Apache receives a directory request without a trailing slash, its
redirect includes its running port (e.g. http://myserver/dir is redirected
to http://myserver:8080/dir/). 8080 is user inaccessible and the redirect
fails.

How do I resolve this?