[squid-users] Getting username from NTLM but ignore domain and password?

From: Adrian <adrian.jfl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 01:57:57 +1100

Hi,

I want to create an authenticator in perl - I don't want people
to have to manually type usernames and passwords, I just
hope to grab their usernames from the NTLM and trust that
they haven't installed a browser that can't supply the
credentials automatically like IE.

There is a number of different domains too so I want to be
able to accept them all.. Is there a way to get IE to send the
username that squid passes onto an external authentication
module? The authenticator will permit any password - I just
want it to capture the username.

The idea is that the proxy stays transparent but I can still
see the usernames in the log files if I need to.

I'd really appreciate any tips.

Thanks,
Adrian.