Re: [squid-users] RELEASE/304 messages in store.log

From: Chris Woodfield <rekoil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:27:46 -0500

You are correct, this appears to be what is happening.

This breaks my initial assumptions about store.log entries, however -
instead of only logging objects either stored or removed from cache,
it's logging the "disposition" of each incoming request, showing
whether or not the request is cached or not. Is this a correct
understanding, or is it even more involved than that?

More specifically, if we use cache ACLs to declare certain objects
uncacheable, will they get logged with RELEASE lines in store.log as
well?

Also, is there a way to only log objects that are added or removed
from cache storage?

-C