[squid-users] Doesn't appear a pop up window on browser when enable the authentication.

From: S.KOBAYASHI <kobayashi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 12:26:31 +0900

Folks,

I have a bit problem. I enabled the authentication in the squid as bellow.
However despite browser got 407 http response code, pop up window that to
fill in username/password didn't show up in the browser.
I also figured out that the response from the squid didn't include
WWW-authenticate header.

My questions are,
1 Should authenticate response from the squid include WWW-authenticate
header with 407 code?
2 Did cause of acl/http_access in the squid.conf raise this problem?

Here is configure options and my squid.conf. Also I'm using squid-3.HEAD.
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid --enable-icap-client --enable-ssl
--enable-ipv6 --enable-basic-auth-helpers=NCSA --enable-auth=basic
(Now ICAP has been set to OFF in the squid.conf)

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/ncsa_auth
/usr/local/squid/etc/passwd
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm Squid
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl localhost src 192.168.11.31/32
http_access allow localhost password --> written prior to be put
"http_access deny all"

Browers which I tested.
IE7, Opera 9.26, Netscape7.1.

Regards,