Re: [squid-users] Re¡G Re: [squid-users] centralized storage for squid

From: Pablo García <malevo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:13:26 -0200

I have the same problem, tough I don't remove my squid servers very often.
I've partially resolved this problem thanks to the implementation of
the algorithm of my load balancer.
What it does, it's calculate the hash taking into account all the
squids in the pool, whether they're up or down. Then if the algorithm
chooses a server that is down, then the calculation happens again. So
if one of my squids restarts, as soon as it starts again, it receives
the same urls as before using disk cache instead of memory.

What you also can try is to link all the squids toghether whith icp to
create a sibling relationship between them. though I guess the
hierarchical cache scenario would help you best to reduce the load in
your web servers.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Pablo