RE: [squid-users] transparency Squid very slow internet

From: Guillaume Chartrand <guillaume.chartrand@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:44:25 -0500

I don't think it's the problem when I see the results

Median Service Times (seconds) 5 min 60 min:
        HTTP Requests (All): 0.05046 0.05331
        Cache Misses: 0.05046 0.05331
        Cache Hits: 0.00000 0.00000
        Near Hits: 0.00000 0.00000
        Not-Modified Replies: 0.00000 0.00000
        DNS Lookups: 0.00094 0.00094
        ICP Queries: 0.00000 0.00000

And for the answer by Amos Jeffries
It's usually regex ACL at fault when speed drops noticably.

Check that:
  * ACL are only regex when absoutely necessary (dstdomain, srcdomain, dst, src are all better in most uses).
   ie acl searchengines dstdomain google.com yahoo.com

  * limiting regex ACL to only be tested when needed (placing a src netblock ACL ahead of one on the http_access will speed up all requests outside that netblockk).
   ie http_access allow dodgy_users pornregexes

I have just dstdomain, src, dst in my acl.
The only acl conatins regex is that line

acl msnmessenger url_regex -i gateway.dll

Thanks
Guillaume Chartrand
Technicien informatique
Cégep régional de Lanaudière