Re: [squid-users] refresh_pattern using acls?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 22:42:57 +1300

Ric wrote:

> For a reverse proxy setup (squid-2.6), I have several stanzas like the
> following...
>
> acl static_content urlpath_regex -i \.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png)$
> cache allow static_content
> refresh_pattern -i \.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png)$ 0 20% 4320 ignore-auth
>
> A few of these regex's can be pretty long. For config readability, I
> was wondering if refresh_pattern can be made to reuse the regex acl
> defined in the first line. For a pattern similar to the following....
>
> acl static_images urlpath_regex -i \.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png)$
> cache allow static_images
> refresh_pattern static_images 0 20% 4320 ignore-auth
>
> The docs seem to suggest that this won't work currently, so I guess my
> question is really what do the developers think about enabling this
> pattern?

You would get a better response from the developers by posting this to
the squid-dev mailing list.

I think its an interesting idea. Bit risky with regex being the largest
performance drain, but if you are willing to submit a patch I daresay
we'll review it for you.

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+