[squid-users] Question on squid proxy authentication with basic scheme with LDAP authentication

From: Parag Salvi <psalvi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:58:43 -0700

Hi All,

I have configuration/compilation issues trying to set up squid with auth
using basic scheme and LDAP server.

1. I configured the squid make system with --enable-ssl=yes
--enable-auth=basic --enable-basic-auth-helpers=LDAP options.

2. I now try to execute make all and I get compilation errors wrt
ldap.h and lber.h not found etc.

3. So I downloaded openldap-stable-20071118.tar and tried to build
it and am running in to issue with executing configure script on
FreeBSD. This is the error I get :-

checking db.h presence... yes

checking for db.h... yes

checking for Berkeley DB major version... 1

checking for Berkeley DB minor version... 0

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb1)... no

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-1)... no

checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... yes

checking for Berkeley DB version match... yes

checking for Berkeley DB thread support... no

checking Berkeley DB version for BDB/HDB backends... no

configure: error: BDB/HDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

Question:- How do I resolve this error ? Do I need some more packages
installed ? Any clues ?

Thanks,

Parag