RE: [squid-users] Multi processors

From: saul waizer <swaizer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:04:10 -0400

Marcos,

Ubuntu should work fine with an SMP kernel for squid.

Just to double check, with your setup have you followed these guidelines?

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/MultipleInstances

one of the most important things to check is that you have different PID's
for every instance of squid, see "pid_filename"

Also, how many cpu's does that box have? Do you see squid always using the
same one (I.E. CPU2)

Saul W