RE: [squid-users] Squid/Samba authenication with wrong username

From: Leach, Shane - MIS Laptop <mis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:50:20 -0500

Dave,

Perhaps my terminology was incorrect. I am wanting Squid to log/filter
web traffic. I want permissions to be based on A/D security groups.
From what I read, using NTLM or Samba, I could do this... The proxy
works fine, although it is requiring a login when a user opens an IE
session and I don't want the user to be prompted for username and
password. Instead, I'd like Windows to pass the credentials
automatically.

Like I noted, though, it would appear it is passing only the username
and not the domain\username... It occurred to me that this could have
been the reason for the login every time someone opens IE.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks.

Shane