Re: [squid-users] squid as http accelerator : now its again beca

From: Antony Mawer <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:26:18 +1100

Nicole wrote:
> On 12-Mar-08 My Secret NSA Wiretap Overheard kk CHN Saying :
>> People ;
>>
>> I installed squid 2.6 stable for my Webserver(FreeBSD-6.2 ,1 GB Ram)
>> , where I runs a Plone 2.5 site on Zope2.9 .With other applications
>> such as postfix,mailman etc .
>>
>> Squid-->Apache 2.2-->zope
>> (Previosly it was apache -->>zope ;But it was too slow so I put squid
>> as http accelerator)
>>
>> this setup worked fine for a couple of weeks ,
>> but yesetday my site became very slow again , I restarted squid
>> ,apache, and zope server again , but for some time(nearly 20 minutes
>> ) it will be fast after that again became slow .
>>
>> What may be the issue , ? how can I improve the speed ?
>>
>> This is my TOP out put
>>
>> Any hints most welcome :
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> KK
>
> Interesting that you have two devfs file systems, I have never seen one
> dedicated to named before.

The FreeBSD 6.0+ startup scripts run named in a chroot jail by default,
and as named requires access to /dev in order to operate properly, the
startup scripts create a secondary devfs mount for the named chroot. So
this can be considered quite normal...

You may like to run "gstat" and "top -mio" to monitor what your disk IO
is like. Running "systat -v" can also be informative.

--Antony