Re: [squid-users] Logging/Blocking URLs with question marks ?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 02:00:45 +1300

Robin Clayton wrote:
> Dear all
>
> 2.5-Stable-5

You would do well to update. THere are quite a number of problems now
known with 2.5.

> I have used squid for probably 8 years.
>
> It has recently come to my attention that sites with dynamic content as denoted by a ? "question mark" are not being logged or blocked.
>
> so for example searches on google do not show the full URL.
>
> is there any way to switch this on as it's important to our filtering of unwanted sites.

After your upgrade there are a number of options available from logging,
blocking, to caching of objects with query-string.

The exact ones will depend on your upgraded version.

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+