RE: [squid-users] ntlm_auth seems to have losts it mind

From: Martin, Jeremy <jmartin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 17:37:10 -0400

That took care of that part, it now works from the command prompt but when I try to visit a page now it says

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.google.com/

The following error was encountered:

    * Cache Access Denied.

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:

    http://www.google.com/

from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.

For ntlm helpers I have
/usr/local/samba/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
And for basic
/usr/local/samba/bin/ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic

Acl

acl msad proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow msad

Does anyone know of a relevant guide that covers install samba and squid3 and implementing msad authentication that utilizes ntlm? This was much easier to do with the supplied rpms with redhat but the versions supplied are old and out of date.

Jeremy