Re: [squid-users] Cache issue

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 23:56:10 +1300

Tarak Ranjan wrote:
> Hi Friends,
> i have one issue regarding squid cache. i'm clearing the cache

First problem: why are you doing this?
What has gone so massively wrong that its needed?

> squid -k shutdown
> cd /cache
> rm -rf *

Risky. Safer to go: rm -rf /cache/*

Or other options in:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ClearingTheCache

> squid -z
> squid -k start

-k start has no meaning to squid, if it ever did.

> but the issue is when i'm starting squid the cache is as it is same,
> before that i confirmed in /cache dir, that was empty .
>
> what could be the issue....

indeed what are you trying to say?
Please choose your words with careful grammar so that we can understand
the problem.

Amos

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17+ or 3.0STABLE1+