RE: [squid-users] How do I allow access to a specific URL:port_number

From: Keith M. Richard <krichard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:01:17 -0500

If you are using this as an accelerator, try this in the squid.conf:

acl SAFE_ports port 10020 #random port
http_port 10020 accel vhost vport defaultsite=www.myisp.com
cache_peer [IP of website] parent 10020 0 no-query originserver
name=RPServ
acl ranport myport 10020
cache_peer_access httpsWeb deny ranport
cache_peer_access RPServ allow ranport ourWebSite

Ed Flecko wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Our ISP has a SPAM server with a web page that you have to be able to
> reach in order to manage your SPAM settings.
>
> I can't figure out how to tell Squid to allow this page.
>
> The web page is: myisp.com:10020
>
> I've tried using the "always_direct" method

Unless you are using a parent cache, this will have no effect.

> and adding the 10020 port
> number to my "Safe_ports,

Unless you have modified the line...

Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports

...this is redundant.

> but neither method worked.
>
> I always get:
>
> "The following error was encountered:
>
> * Access Denied.
>
> Access control configuration prevents your request from being
> allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel
> this is incorrect."
>
> Suggestions???

Supply more details (your squid.conf without comments, the real URL used

to access the SPAM page), or hit up the FAQ
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl).

> Thank you,
> Ed

Chris