Re: [squid-users] squidGuard - log but allow access

From: Ben Hollingsworth <ben.hollingsworth@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:16:38 -0500

> Quoting "Dennis B. Hopp" <dhopp@coreps.com>:
>
>> I've setup squidGuard and it works pretty well. What I would like to
>> do is to have squidGuard log when somebody tries to go to a specific
>> targetgroup but allow them access rather then doing a redirect.
>>
>> I can only seem to get it to either log and block access or allow
>> access but not log. This is what I have in squidGuard.conf
>>
>> ------------
>>
>> dest Warez {
>> domainlist warez/domains
>> # urllist warez/urls
>> log warez.log
>> }
>>
>> acl {
>> default {
>> pass Porn Warez all
>> redirect
>> http://cache1.server/cgi-bin/squidGuard.cgi?url=%u
>> }
>> }
>>
>> ----------------
>>
>> I've tried taking out the redirect statement as well. It allows the
>> access but doesn't log it.

You need to add a "verbose" flag to you log line in order to log passed
items.

dest warez {
    domainlist blacklists/warez/domains
    urllist blacklists/warez/urls
    # The "verbose" option logs all hits -- even those that pass.
    # Without "verbose", only redirected/rewritten hits are logged.
    log verbose warez.log
}