Re: [squid-users] ACLs and localhost

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 01:01:15 +0100

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 15:07 +0000, paul cooper wrote:
> so is what i want to do actually possible ?
>
> unixlogin emma logged into VT7
> unixlogin andrew -> VT8
>
> web page request from either -> squid requests login

For trusted stations you can make use of the ident service to tell Squid
which user originated the connection.

Otherwise you need to use authentication, where the user logs in to use
the proxy, often asked separately from their system login.

> acl andrew proxy_auth REQUIRED
> acl emma proxy_auth REQUIRED

The above two acls is equivalent and matches any authenticated user.

I suspect you meant

acl andrew proxy_auth andrew
acl emma proxy_auth emma

> but i havent AFAIK logged in , in this browser session, as andrew ( the
> browser cache is flushed when its closed

REQUIRED means any user, so it matches no matter what login+password you
use in the browser.

> so is this login stored in the cache somewhere ?

Not outside the browser.

> I need to flush the cache when i change user ?

No.