Re: [squid-users] Inspite squid in front of apache : direct connection from foreign IP address ? how to deny this ?

From: kk CHN <kkchn.cdac@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:07:28 +0530

On 3/28/08, Ric <lists@dvgroup.com> wrote:

> On Mar 27, 2008, at 9:57 PM, kk CHN wrote:
>
> > People: in my server box , I am using squid as http accelerator
> > ;setup is as follows
> >
> > Flow of requests from users should be like this
> >
> > squid listens on public ip port:80 --->apache(127.0.0.1:80) ---
> > RewriteRule for apache to--->zope:8080/plonesite
> >

> > Important NOTE : for the last couple of days I am experiencing
> > that my plone site on zope :8080 is become not acceesible after 5/6
> > hours ,after the services I restarted :
> >
> > when I run the command # ` sockstat -4p 80 `
> > here I can see a specific IP address (164.115.5.2 ) connecting
> > directly ande using python2.4 as pasted below .
>

> Umm... Zope is a python process. Are you perchance connecting to the
> Zope server directly yourself?

Yes I do from my lan machine , by ssh tunnel : but thsi IP address
"164.115.5.2 " noway related to ours :

I know that a couple of members other than me has admin privileged
accounts in the Zopeserver; but last week I changed all their account
passwords to make sure only me as the admin to check how the site
going down after few hours a service restart.

any more info ...?