[squid-users] Not sure how to summarize this request :)

From: Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET <ml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:27:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

        Sorry, I couldn't think of a short way to summarize this.

        I'm not sure if I need squid minds, firewall minds, or both. :)

        I have a site with a Cisco router, running WCCP, to a FreeBSD
box. Wikis and watching what other people post had it working almost straight
off.

        Now here comes the fun part.

        The FreeBSD box has 2 VPN's. One is over a wireless broadband link,
the other over a Satellite. During the normal course of operation, everything
goes over the quicker broadband link. When that link is down, though, a
program automatically changes the default route to go over the satellite link.
Of course, satellite is pretty slow. There is, however, an accelerator on the
satellite link. The down side is that you have to address it directly by
sending all traffic to 192.168.0.1 port 87.

        Is there a good way to implement this that won't be difficult to
support?

                Thanks, Tuc