[squid-users] Re: LiveCD type install for transparent caching of YouTube, etc?

From: Paul Bryson <Atamido@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:55:40 -0500

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I've been slowly working on this over the last 18 months (in my numerous
> and copious spare time) to form a sort of "supported" configuration of Squid.
>
> Flash images are easy. I can roll one now for people.
>
> The trouble is making flash archives that can be upgraded and can run on
> the multitude of flash card geometries out there. Its easy when you're shipping the
> cards but its not easy when you're providing an image for others. :0

That's why I was suggesting multiple partitions and bolting on to an
existing distro install. You can keep configuration files persistent
across a format, and you hardware support is regularly updated. The
downside is the required install size is much higher. Although I think
that the <2GB install of everything you could want is workable even on a
flash card.

Atamido