Re: [squid-users] cpu load boom when rotate the access.log(coss filesystem)

From: Felix New <moxnetx@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 22:55:34 +0800

Amos:
  thank you very much. i appreciate you if give me some detail.

2008/3/28, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>:

> Ah a few problems with COSS. Firstly it does not handle large objects
> very well.
> Secondy its reload requires reading into memory the entire cache_dir
> slice by slice. Which is extremely slow the larger the dir.
>
> You would get better performance splitting your cache into two
> cache_dirs one COSS (max around 2GB) for small objects and one ufs/aufs
> for large objects.

my every cache_dir disk capability is lager than 100G, and the cache
box is server for very small files--this is the reason why i use COSS.
as your advice, i need split the cache into about 50(or more)
cache_dirs and several aufs for large objects( if exists)...is this?

why it can get better performance splittint big cache into several cache_dirs?

--
Best regards
Felix New