[squid-users] cache "big" images ans use it on the LAN

From: Rakotomandimby Mihamina <mihamina.rakotomandimby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 15:46:42 +0300

Hi,

I have a very low bandwodth with high latency internet access, but
several workstations (on my LAN) sharing that one.
I use squid in order to try to cache some "big" (_say_ bigger than 100K)
websites top banners and other big ressources.
I noticed that if multiple local clients query the same ressource image
at almost the same time, squid delivers the cached ressource.
But if the workstations request it one after the other, they all take it
from the big internet, and it lags a lot.
How should I configure squid (what parameter to set) if I want it to
cache and deliver the cached ressource for some time interval (say 1
hour for example). This should only apply to images and flash animations
and so on, _not_ to text ressources.

Optionally, the same thing for https would be OK, but I can leave
without https.

Thanks a lot for any help.