Re: [squid-users] upgrade process

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 23:56:30 +0200

ons 2008-04-02 klockan 08:22 -0400 skrev Allen Schmidt Sr.:
> We currently are on SUSE and squid is the only thing on this box.
> Version 2.5.STABLE10
>
> How hard is it to upgrade to more recent versions? We are only using it
> for caching...in front of a pair of Zope clients.

Forward with clients going out to the Internet or reverse with Internet
clients coming in to your web severs?

For forward proxying there is very little to consider when upgrading.
Most existing configurations should just work.

For reverse proxy setups there is a bit more as the squid.conf syntax
for reverse proxying has changed in 2.6+.

The 2.6 release notes tries to list all configuration differences,
enabling you to build an opinion on how hard it may be to adjust your
setup.