[squid-users] limiting upload bandwidth? pls

From: Tvrtko Majstorović <tvrtkom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:07:49 +0200

Hi,

I need to limit 'upload' bandwidth on my network but for just one
particular application that uses 'xxxxx' port. I know it has to be done
using delay pools, but just don't know how to configure squid. Can
someone please tell me what must I do to achieve this? Do I need
transparent proxy for this? Short explanation would be nice, and maybe
some configuration snippets. If someone has a link to this kinda
tutorial it would be nice.
I'm new to Squid, and I did a basic configuration, but I'm starting to
get confused a little bit with all those options.

P.S I dont need to limit download, just upload bandwidth.

Thanks in Advance,
Tvrtko.