Re: [squid-users] Limiting download size

From: Cassiano Martin <cassiano@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 08:53:39 -0300

Tag Name reply_body_max_size
Usage reply_body_max_size (KB)

Description
This option specifies the maximum size of a reply body. It can be used
to prevent users from downloading very large files, such as MP3's and
movies. The reply size is checked twice. First when we get the reply
headers, we check the content-length value. If the content length value
exists and is larger than this parameter, the request is denied and the
user receives an error message that says "the request or reply is too
large." If there is no content-length, and the reply size exceeds this
limit, the client's connection is just closed and they will receive a
partial reply.

Default reply_body_max_size 0
If this parameter is set to zero (the default), there will be no limit
imposed.