Re: [squid-users] what to block from the proxy to speed up?

From: Rakotomandimby Mihamina <mihamina.rakotomandimby@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:51:41 +0300

Barry Irwin wrote:
> I'm a little unclear on your goals - you wish to speed up your net
> access by blocking things?

Yes.
Waiting for the wanted website is long enough here. If it has ads
(google ad,...) or traffic analyzer (Xiti,...), I would like to
flush/zap them.

> A couple of things to think about:
> * is your line congested ?

It's just a dialup line with 1sec ping to google...
No time to wait for anything.

> * are DNS lookups working correctly?

Except the nominal latency, it's OK.

> * have you looked at things like ACK prioritisation on your
> router/firewall ?

Default settings. There is no traffic management, just the default
iptables NAT rules.