Re: [squid-users] IIS auth. problem.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 23:38:26 +1200

Emre Yilmaz wrote:
> Hi guys,
> My system is running on squid + DG transparent proxy.firewall is
> iptables running on same machine.
>
> LAN users could not authorize to IIS servers. For example, LAN users
> cant authorize on outlook web access. When username& pass entered, the
> following error has accoured
>
> The page cannot be displayed.
>
> If i remove the transparent proxy, the problem is still seen.
> If i manually set internet explorer proxy settings 192.168.1.1 : 3128
> (DG By-passed) thereis no problem.
> If i manually set internet explorer proxy settings 192.168.1.1 : 8080
> problem still continue..

Pretty obvious DG-caused the problem then.
You might have better luck contacting the DG user lists as well.

> This problem on a live system, 120 clients.
>
> I need your help immediatly..
>
> Regarts..

If you can't find a better solution. You may have to make your squid an
official fake-OWA server for the clients.

With a small definite set of OWA server(s) you can setup squid as a
multi-mode; accelerator proxy for the OWA, and normal or transparent
proxy for everything else.

Assuming you have the main squid config already. The OWA accelerator
part is in the wiki:
   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/SquidAndOutlookWebAccess

Amos