Re: [squid-users] unable to block sites completely

From: Tim Bates <tin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 09:04:49 +1000

Anil Saini wrote:
> sir
> i am unable to block some sites like
>
> www.catpass.info
> www.newjumbo.info
>
> i blocked them using ACL list but they opened when i type
> www.catpass.info/index.php
> www.newjumbo.info/index.php
>
> plz tell me how to completely block there sites

We can't tell you why it's not working without knowing what acl and
http_access lines you have.

You should have something like below... And the "http_access deny" line
here needs to be above any "http_access allow" lines.

acl blockedsite dstdomain .catpass.info
acl blockedsite dstdomain .newjumbo.info
http_access deny blockedsite

TB