Re: [squid-users] squid 2.6 Problem with IP based session

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 18:00:39 +0200

tis 2008-04-08 klockan 16:11 +0200 skrev Jarosch, Ralph:
> We have 6 Squid proxy. The first is the logging-server which has 5
> parents for caching. The logging-server balances the http/https request
> via round robbin to the cache-server.
> At some websites when a client will login to an member content, session
> will be terminated by self.
>
> I think that is a problem of round robin.

Yes.

> Did someone had the same problem and know any resolution???

There is two solutions to this problem.

a) Use another load balancing algorithm which keeps the session on the
same forwarding path. Hmm.. for some reason we don't have that.. thought
we had a destinationhash method.. Someone should do that based on
srchash..

b) Use NAT on the outgoing traffic from the caches to nat them all to a
single externaly visible address

srchash may work, but you should then make sure to disable caching
entirely at the first Squid. Also hit ratio will not be the best...