Re: [squid-users] Squid2-only plugin from Secure Computing

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 01:49:38 +0800

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> > Well, we could also talk to them about rolling their existing patches
> > into the Squid-2 codebase.
>
> I doubt their existing patches should be included in Squid sources
> because they are relatively large and very SmartFilter-specific. It
> would be rather unfair to ask Squid developers to maintain that code,
> and there are better alternatives to simply dumping parts of custom
> filters into Squid (e.g., ICAP and eCAP).

Hm, I haven't looked at the patchset yet - I assume its in the 53 meg download?

Much like any other submission, it might need some tidying up to be more
suitable; I'm reasonably surprised they've not approached anyone about trying
to include this work into the mainline Squid tree (to make their lives easier!)
in the past.

Adrian