Re: [squid-users] Problem with Restarted Squid Stable 2.6_19 Add

From: Nicole <nmh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:56:30 -0800 (PDT)

On 21-Apr-08 My Secret NSA Wiretap Overheard Adrian Chadd Saying :
> On Sun, Apr 20, 2008, Nicole wrote:
>

>> I hate replying to my own post, but some further info on this in that quite
>> a bit of time that the cache.log is reporting that it is validating entries
>> and
>> taking quite a bit of time. Why is it going through this validation
>> procedure
>> and it seems to be taking a great deal of time. Also usually, when this is
>> done, it does it one disk at a time, not all disks at once I thought.
>>
>> Again, any idea's on why this could be happening would be greatly
>> apreciatted.
>
> It should be doing the rebuild in parallel -but- the IO is done
> synchronously.
> Is this happening when you've rebooted? FreeBSD does a background fsck on
> startup
> and this may be interfering. Check the output of ps -auxw to see if fsck's
> are running.

 Hi
  Thanks for the reply. Good thought, however I have backround fsck
disabled. " background_fsck="NO" " (and I double checked :> )

> I took a look at this over the weekend (whilst looking at other stuff in the
> storage code) and I could -probably- make the AUFS swaplog parsing case much
> faster. I've just got other priorities at the moment (ie, lots more cleaning
> up
> before I start breaking things in creative ways.)

 Is this perhaps a recent change? I never noticed this until I upgraded. (from
-16 I think) I tried downgrading once after a reboot, however I got the same
results when i tried to restart it. But other servers I have, with older revs,
don't have this problem.

 Nicole

--
  -  nmh@daemontech.com  -  Powered by FreeBSD  -
 "The term "daemons" is a Judeo-Christian pejorative.
 Such processes will now be known as "spiritual guides"
  - Politicaly Correct UNIX Page