Re: [squid-users] change in source code

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:54:16 +1200 (NZST)

> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>> mån 2008-04-14 klockan 20:13 -0700 skrev Anil Saini:
>>
>>> actually its is thr in squid.conf fine that max limit is 32
>>> but i increased the limit to 60..and no of dns processes
>>> increases...but i
>>> dont know it will effect the squid or not....
>>>

>> If the number of helpers increased then it worked.
>>
>> The limit of 32 was in old versions of Squid, and it seems the comment
>> in the dns_children description is a leftover.
>>
>> Another way is to build Squid without --disable-internal-dns. This will
>> remove this directive as it isn't even relevant any more..
>>
>> Regards
>> Henrik
>>
> Is this true for 2.6? I had to enable dns_defnames in response to a
> customer requirement, and found that I had to rebuild 2.6.18 with
> --disable-internal-dns so dns_defnames would work.

Yes. That option is available for the internal-DNS engine. You just need
to configure the OS searchpath properly. Squid will append the domain
suffixes and test the resulting FQDNs in DNS.

In Linux/BSDs the /etc/resolv.conf file has a "search" option taking the
search paths in the sequence to be tested. First-match is used.

Amos